Bhimavaram is a town and mandal in the West Godavari District in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. Bhimavaram is located at 16.5333° N 81.5333° E. It has an average elevation of 5 meters (19 feet).
 Religious places
Some famous temples located here are:
- Gunupudi Somarama temple, one of the five Pancharamas. Built during the 3rd century A.D., the Shivalinga in the temple is believed to assume a black-cum-brown colour on no-moon day and becomes whitish on full-moon day. The prathista of the Shivalinga is by MOON GOD.
- Mavullamma temple (Mavullamma Festival Starts on 14 th January of every year and runs for 30 days)
- Bhimeshvara (the name of the town is derived from it).
- Datta Kshetram.
- Subbarayudu Temple
- Venkateswara Temple (near Nataraj Theater and another in Narasimhapuram)
- Jain Temple at PeddaAmiram (one of its kind in the whole of AP).
- Bhimavaram is well known for its aqua culture and paddy fields in its surrounded villages , it is the centre of trade for more than 300 villages.
- The northern part of Bhimavaram is known as ONE TOWN and the southern Part TWO TOWN.
- This is one of the important commercial towns in West Godavari district.
- The place is well connected by bus (Old bus stand located in Two town and New Bus stand located in One Town) and train routes (Town Station in Two town and Junction Railway Station located in One Town).
- It is located 455 km from Hyderabad, 270 km from Visakhapatnam and 103km from Vijayawada.
- The town has some well known textile shops like Bommana, Naresh and Shyam Silks.
 Assembly Constituency
Bhimavaram is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 1,77,470 registered voters in Bhimavaram constituency in 1999 elections.
List of Elected Members:
- 1978 - Kalidindi Vijaya Narasimha Raju
- 1983, 1985, 1994 and 1999 - Penumatcha Venkata Narasimha Raju
- 1999 - Alluri Subhas Chandra Bose
- 2004 - Grandhi Srinivas
Bhimavaram is also a town renowned for the several educational institutes that are here.It is also called second BARDOLI. Some of the prominent colleges in this town are listed here:
1. DNR College
Best Colleges in India, Excellent teaching Gurus in all Departments. Physics - Mathematica - Chemistry - English - Biology etc., etc.,
2. SRKR Engineering College
Best Engineering Colleges in the world.
3. KGRL College
4. B V Raju Educational Society
Bhimavaram is one of the biggest centres for aquaculture (fish and prawn farming) in India. Traditionally this area has been a large producer of paddy (rice), but more recently many farmers are shifting to fish culture.
There are 25 village panchayats in Bhimavaram mandal.
- Anakaderu (village and panchayat)
- Annavaram (village and panchayat)
- Bethapudi (village and panchayat)
- Chinamiram (village and panchayat)
- Deyyalatippa (village and panchayat)
- Dirusumarru (village and panchayat)
- Dongapindi (village and panchayat)
- Gollavanitippa (village and panchayat)
- Gutlapadu (village and panchayat)
- Jonnalagaruvu (village and panchayat)
- Komarada (village and panchayat)
- Komatitippa (village and panchayat)
- Kothapusalamarru (village and panchayat)
- Losari (village and panchayat)
- L.V.N.Puram (village and panchayat)
- Nagidipalem (village and panchayat)
- Narasimhapuram (village and panchayat)
- Pedagaruvu (village and panchayat)
- Pennada (Village and Panchayat)
- Rayalam (village and panchayat)
- Sriramapuram (village and panchayat)
- Taderu (village and panchayat)
- Thokatippa (village and panchayat)
- Tundurru (village and panchayat)
- Vempa (village and panchayat)
- Yenamadurru (village and panchayat)
 See Also
 External Links