Dr. Daggubati Ramanaidu (b. 6 June 1936) is an Indian movie producer. The Guinness Book of Records lists him as the most prolific producer with 110 films under his banner called Suresh Productions. He plays a very short role (often a cameo) in all his productions, especially the later ones. Apart from producing Telugu movies, he has also produced movies in languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Kannada and Bengali.
He is a member of the TDP and represented Bapatla in Guntur District in the 13th Lok Sabha (1999-2004) from his native place Karamchedu. He lost in the elections to the same seat for the 14th Lok Sabha in 2004. He is the father of the Tollywood hero Venkatesh.
Raghupathi Venkaiah Award For D. Ramanaidu
Centurion producer, actor and studio owner Dr. D. Ramanaidu has been selected for the Raghupathi Venkaiah Award for 2006 for his outstanding contribution to the growth and development of Telugu cinema.
He is the 28th recipient of the award that carries a cash prize of Rs. 5,000, Golden Nandi and a citation.
MS Reddy was the 27th recipient of the award.
- LV Prasad Gold Medal
- H M Reddy Award
- L V Prasad Award, Best Producer
- AP State Award Committee Special Award, Best Film Maker "Ahanaa Pellanta"
- South India Journalists Association, Best Film Maker For "Kathanayakudu"
- Sri Goudavalli Rambrahmam Award, Best Film Producer "Abhinava Andhra Bhoja"
- Parchuri Raghu Babu Memorial Award, Best Producer
- All India Drama Competitors, Best Producer of Arts
- East Godavari Film Distributors Association, Best Distributor AP
- Raghavendra Theaters, Best Producer
- Vamsee Berkeley Award, Outstanding Contribution to Film Industry
- 1976 Tashkent Film Festival, "Soggadu"
- 1990 AP Cine Goers Association, Best Film Producer, Distributor
- 1992 Peerless Film Awards, Best Producer of the Decade (1982 – 1992)
- 1992 Vamsee Berkeley Film and TV Awards, Best Filmmaker "Jeevana Tarangalu"
- 1992 AP Cine Goers Association Awards, Best Film maker "Jeevana Tarangalu"
- 1992 Vamsi Art Theaters, Best Filmmaker of the Decade (1983 – 1992)
- 1993 Indian Panorama, "Surigadu"
- 1993 Sri Nataraja Cultural Association, Best Producer and Patron of Arts
- 1993 Bulli Tera TV Herculean & Film Awards, Best Patron of Arts
- 1994 AP State Awards Committee Won 5 Nandi Awards "Andhra Vaibhavam"
- 1995 12th Anniversary - Hemanth Arts Award, Best Producer
- 1995 Ramasayi Silver Jubilee Awards, Best Producer
- 1995 Film & TV Institute of Hyderabad, Best Producer
- 1996 Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award, Outstanding contribution to Film Industry
- 1998 Limca Book Of World Records, Most number of films produced by a single Producer
- 1999 Guinness World Record, Most Prolific Film Producer
- 1999 46th National Film Festival of India, Best Film Award, "Asuk" Bengali
- 2000 Film Fans Association, 49th Annual Awards, Eminent Personality of The Millennium
- 2000 Vamshi Arts Theater International Awards, NTR Millennium Lifetime Award
- 2003 Film Fans Association, Chennai
- 2003 Best Parliamentarian Award
- 2005 Dada Saheb Phalke Jayanthi, Film Producer, Film Distributor Exhibitor, Studio Owner
- 2006 Raghupathi Venkaiah Award
D Ramanaidu Filmography