Palakurthi is a census town and Mandal in Warangal district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
As of 2001 India censusGRIndia, Palakurthi had a population of 6964. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Palakurthi has an average literacy rate of 56%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 66%, and female literacy is 46%. In Palakurthi, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Palakurthy's Shri Someshwara Laxmi Narasimha Swamy Temple is famous in most of the Telanagana Districts, Piligrims come from various dists of AP and states like Karnataka,Tamilanadu,Maharastra.
Sri Palkuriki Somanathudu ,The great port born n brought up here ,one who written first time gadya rachana in telugu, he lived 12 th century.
Bommara is a place where Sri Pothana (Sahaja Kavi) born n brought up here, still his place been protected n also a temple been developed.
- Visnoor Deshmukh Fort
- Valmidi Rama Mandhiram on hill
- The famous IIT Ramaiah's native place is also very closed to Palakurthy, the village name is 'Guduru'
- Palakurthy is a great historical place to visit
- bammera wich is the birth place of pothanamathyudu who wrote the Bhagavatham
- mutharam which is famous for educted people, ramaiah ex registrar of br ambedkar open university balongs to this village
There are 22 village panchayats in Palakurthi mandal.
 See Also
 External Links